Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Tips for When You Find Mold in Your Home
- Don’t panic. Mold can happen in everyone’s home, especially in bathrooms or damp basements.
- Contact your insurance provider to find out if mold removal is covered under your policy. In most cases it may be, but it may depend on the cause of the mold.
- It is beneficial to have the mold tested to see what kind of mold you are dealing with and to what extent your home has been affected.
- Make any necessary changes to minimize mold in your home (caulk around water fixtures, fix any roof leaks, clean gutters, etc.).
- Decide with your mold specialist whether it is safe to remove yourself or whether hiring a professional to remediate is a good idea. Once removed, retest your home to measure mold levels.
- And, when you need a professional, call SERVPRO of Cherry Hill/ Haddonfield. Our team specializes in stopping mold at the source, cleaning and decontaminating the affected area, and taking measures to prevent more mold growth. With state-of-the-art equipment and proven techniques, we make it “Like it never even happened." Contact SERVPRO of Cherry Hill/ Haddonfield for more information on mold remediation and removal.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (856) 662-2772
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Cherry Hill / Haddonfield for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Cherry Hill / Haddonfield has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Cherry Hill