- Floods are the #1 natural disaster in the United States.
- From 2011 to 2015, the average flood claim amounted to more than $46,000.
- From 2006 through 2015, total flood insurance claims averaged more than $1.9 billion per year.
- In 2015, the average policy premium was nearly $700.
- Even though flood insurance isn't federally required, anyone can be financially vulnerable to floods. In fact, people outside of mapped high-risk flood areas file more than 20 percent of all National Flood Insurance Program flood insurance claims and receive one-third of Federal disaster assistance for flooding.
- The NFIP paid more than $839 million in flood insurance claims to all policyholders in 2015.
- 2015 CLAIM REPORT FOR THE TOP 10 STATES
New Jersey 1,045