Do's and Don'ts of Water Intrusion
* Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
* Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and table top items.
* Remove and prop wet upholstery and pillow cushions for even drying.
* Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
* Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
* Remove Oriental rugs or other colored rugs from wet wall-to-wall carpeting.
* Remove valuable paintings and art objects to a safe, dry place.
* Open and place luggage, in sunlight to dry, if possible.
* Gather loose items, toys, etc. from floors.
* Leave wet fabrics in place; dry as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
* Leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
* Use your household vacuum to remove water.
* Use TVs or other household appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
* Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out
CALL SERVPRO 1-866-838-5200